links open windows
::S p U n K y D a i S y:: hit tracker

Thursday, February 24, 2005


We should all have one. Just in case things screw up. Just in case the original plan backfires.

Like for my visa application alone, my Uncle (who is such a firm believer in contingency plans) has 3 back-up plans. (yeah, 3! Although the last one is an option that I hope I never have to take)

I am climbing Mt. Lobo in Batangas this weekend (woohoo!!!) and there's a 99% chance I am going BUT in the event that the 1% comes into play, I'm planning to swim a few laps in the clubhouse pool and go running. I've been pigging out kasi the past week. Need to exercise.

Jay thinks I should get an alternate ISP, just so I have another one I can use in case the system of the one I'm using messes up.

I'm sure all us have at least one of the following: health insurance, life insurance, car insurance, or some sort of pre-need plan. So that in the case of any mishap, *knock on wood*, we or our loved ones won't be left with nothing. Heck, we even make it a point to keep a spare tire in our vehicles!

Isn't that what they taught boy scouts and girl scouts? ALWAYS BE PREPARED.

And thats why we develop contingency plans. In every scenario, there should be a plan B. Options and alternatives have to be laid out. All because we cannot leave ourselves open to disaster, in in the event that it decides to strike. We cannot be susceptible to any kind of catastrophe.

Jay and I had a teeny weeny argument yesterday which, I know I'm exaggerating when I say this, but it left me really emotional and very scared. Although I trust our relationship enough to know that it will take more than that to get rid of each other, I was really scared I was going to lose him. I never want to.

What does that have to do with contingency plans, you say?

It just dawned on me yesterday that while I am not the most plan B-obsessed person in the world (my Uncle is and Jay comes in a close second), I know that I make sure I have a flipside or a back-up plan for the major and important stuff in my life.

Yeah, all. Except this. Except my relationship with Jay.

And that petrifies the hell out of me. Because if things don't work out between me and Jay, I don't have a contingency plan. I don't have any plan to fall back on. I don't have a "spare tire".

And the weird thing is, I know that I won't be looking for one. It will be completely futile to even attempt to look for one because I know that nothing will even come close to what Jay and I have that it can even be worthy enough to be considered an alternative.

I read somewhere that, "In no other game than love can you make all the right moves and still lose". This is not a game. But, if it is, I have a very good feeling I'm going to win it. Jay and I will.

Suddenly, not having a contingency plan doesn't seem so bad, after all.

HAVE A GREAT LONG WEEKEND, guys! We all deserve this! Hehehe!

about moi

Loves the beach, wishes she had more time and money to travel, recently got hooked to climbing mountains, reads anything she can get her hands on, frustrated writer, adores her 3-year-old Lhasa Apso, Tashi, constantly needs caffeine, wonders when she'll quit smoking, and will most likely die due to liver complications from drinking too much (if the cigarettes doesn't get to her lungs first). Can't live without accessories especially big, dangling earrings, shoe freak (aren't we all?), sucker for discovering hole-in-the-wall restaurants, will ingest anything spicy, enjoys giving and receiving massages, addicted to Friends, Sex and the City and CSI, goes gaga over kids, dreams of being alone with Jim Morrison and smoking a joint with Bob Marley. Would love to party with Gwen Stefani, shop with Patricia Field, write poetry with Maya Angelou and have Sting, Nelson Mandela, Mark Twain and Bono over for dinner.

View my complete profile
Custom Search

past bitchings

January 2002February 2002March 2002April 2002May 2002June 2002July 2002August 2002September 2002October 2002November 2002December 2002January 2003April 2003May 2003June 2003July 2003September 2003February 2004March 2004April 2004May 2004June 2004July 2004August 2004September 2004October 2004November 2004December 2004January 2005February 2005March 2005April 2005May 2005June 2005July 2005August 2005September 2005October 2005November 2005December 2005January 2006February 2006March 2006April 2006October 2006November 2006February 2007March 2007April 2007May 2007July 2007October 2007December 2007January 2008September 2009January 2011


blog worthy

Bitch, please
Blue Arden
Born to Ride
Caffeine Rush
Car Driver
Reaching for Chocolate Stars and Sapphire Dreams
Click mo mukha mo!
Closet Introvert
Color in a Gray Cube
Confessions of a Coke Addict
Confessions of an OJT Killer
Creating Space 101
Din's World
Emerald Pastures
Hungry Alien
I came, I saw, I blogged
Intelektwal Interkors
Lavander Kitten
Lone Star Psychedelia
Mighty Girl
Modified Memories
Nocturnal Angel
Not Square
Of Life and Peanuts
One Seater Plane
Pile o'smeg
*Photo Seko
Pinay Hekmi
Purple Beanie
Purple Toes
Renaissance Girl
Rock the Boat
Sabitski Point
Stories Under the Sun
Sunny Side Up
Table for One
Ten Years Later
The Blurb
The Digital Pinoy
The Dork Side
The Ultimate BlogHopper
Tinggay Forever
Undiscussable Realms
Unica Hija
Warcar: no bumper
What a Pansy Fancies
White Sky Project
Wytch's Brew
*freshly added


Platform Wedge Sandals by Michael Kors
Semiprecious chain earrings by Cynthia Dugan

Semiprecious chain earrings by Cynthia Dugan
Thump by Oakley (mp3 player and shades in one!)
Thump by Oakley (mp3 player and shades in 1!)

quotable quote

"Love is not love, which alters when it alteration finds."
~William Shakespeare, Sonnet cxvi

in my book bag

I Know Why the Caged 

Bird Sings by Maya Angelou


blogsnob. show off your websites.
# FlipBlogs ?
Rice Bowl Journals
# Filipina O+ ?

Weblog Commenting by

original skins

title : w4rnawarni: (pink) bikini girl (Adfree) designed by w4rnawarni @ blogskins