Texted him last night and asked him what his plans were for today. "Dinner at home lang. Kristine's cooking.", he said.
And then I remembered all the birthday parties he would throw for me. So I said, "Let's have dinner out na lang. Kahit North Park lang. My treat! Birthday gift ko sayo."
His reply was, "Thank you, anak. Iba na lang gift mo saakin, paayos mo na lang TV ko."
Sure, I said.
Texted him again this morning to greet him: Happy Happy Birthday, Papa! Thanks for always being there for me. I'm here lang if you need anything! I love you!
Wrong idea to text my dad something sweet while inside the jeepney. His only reply was: Thank you, anak! I love you too"
And if you've been reading my blog for awhile, you guys know that my dad has the ability to make me cry by saying (or in this case, texting) that 4 letter tagalog word: anak.
Got teary-eyed talaga and swallowed my tears. Kakahiya sa ibang passengers sa jeep. Hehe!
UKAY DAY---HAPPY HAPPY JOY JOY!
Last night was the best ukay-ukay day, eveerrr!
1. a pair of black trek pants (php 150)
2. a pair of denim capris (php 130)
3. a white linen Polo Ralph Lauren mini-skirt that's never been used because the hangtag was still attached (php80)
4. a black tank top with a print of 3 frogs standing (frogs on both ends holding beer bottles and the one in the middle with a pair of boxer shorts over his head) and on the bottom of the tank top, it says, "TOADILY WASTED" (php 50)
5. Green white and blue floral halter top. Perfect for the beach and goes well with item #3.(php 60)
6. White tank top with a sequined design of a mini schnauzer in the middle. (php 60)
Bought some laundry powder on my way home and nagmistulan akong labandera pag-uwi. Yes, marunong na ako maglaba (thanks to the instructions at the back of the laundy powder pack)! I'm so excited to wear my new buys na kasi!
Bunny @ Thursday, September 16, 2004
Loves the beach, wishes she had more time and money to travel, recently got hooked to
climbing mountains, reads anything she can get her hands on, frustrated writer, adores her
3-year-old Lhasa Apso, Tashi,
constantly needs caffeine, wonders when she'll quit smoking, and will most
likely die due to liver complications from drinking too much (if the cigarettes
doesn't get to her lungs first). Can't live without accessories especially
big, dangling earrings, shoe freak (aren't we all?), sucker for discovering
hole-in-the-wall restaurants, will ingest anything spicy, enjoys giving and receiving
massages, addicted to Friends, Sex and the City and CSI, goes gaga over kids, dreams of
being alone with Jim Morrison and smoking a joint with Bob
Marley. Would love to party with Gwen Stefani, shop with Patricia Field, write poetry with
Maya Angelou and have Sting, Nelson Mandela, Mark Twain and Bono over for