links open windows
::S p U n K y D a i S y:: hit tracker

Sunday, June 06, 2004

MOUNTAIN #2: PICO DE LORO

*Like always, please click on the images to get a larger view

Despite the really horrible weather, i went climbing again this weekend. I've discovered that mountain climbing makes me forget things that bother me and it diverts my attention to the (as cliche as this may sound), the beauty of nature. Besides, the city has already become too intoxicating for me. And I felt really icky last week because I ate too much. I desperately needed to burn some much needed fat. Needed to do something healthy. Hehe!

Meeting place was at 2pm, in Chowking Baclaran. Got there at 3. Waited and waited for a couple of girls to arrive. Guess what time we left Manila? 530pm! Add to that the traffic in Coastal Road and Cavite...well, Night Trek here we come! Got to the magnetic field at around 9pm. Because it was raining really hard, we decided to just camp at the Base 1 of Pico de Loro. Going through with the climb at that time of the night and in that type of weather was well....just pushing it.


The campsite


The rain never stopped. After lunch the next day, we got ready for our climb to Pico De Loro.


I had to take this picture of Stanley in his raincoat. He was innocently sitting on the ground when this was taken. Of course, we had to have our picture taken with him as well. Haha!



I bumped into someone eating some grass during the trek. Kung may seabiscuit, meron akong mountainbiscuit! Hehe!



Yes, a river!!! Aside from the fact that its beautiful, its also a great place for washing dirty hands and mud-laden shoes.



Lookie, grass as tall as me!!!



I particularly loved this part of the trek. The landscape made me feel like I was in Lord of the Rings. I'm sorry, but this picture doesn't give it justice.


The trek going up took us 2 and a half excruciating hours. I really wanted to give up during the latter part of the climb. The trail was jagged, rocky and thanks to the strong rain, absolutely muddy. We weren't able to go to the summit because the weather didn't permit us to. However,we did stay in a nice piece of land a few short minutes away from the peak of Pico De Loro.


The coldest I've ever, ever felt.



So blow me. The air was uber cold and windy that the air was filling up every available crevice in my body. After seeing this picture, i promised myself that I will never get THAT fat. Hehe!



With my girlfriends and people from Mesau


That's about it!

By the way, I have a creepy story.

On our way to the campsite Saturday night, I saw something/someone. I was walking on a trail which fit 1 person only. My friend was walking a few meters away from me and I just suddenly turned to my right and saw something white. I stared at it for a couple of seconds, got goose bumps, continued walking and told no one about it. I was thinking that it might just be something like a piece of cloth hanging off a tree, or maybe some plant but it was completely pitch black and the only thing I could see was the ground below me and the people I was with.

After dinner, everyone was talking and someone mentioned seeing a white lady. So i told everyone that I didn't see a lady, just something white. A couple of them asked me where I saw it/her and they saw her too, but someone saw her walking/floating fast!

Hmmm...okay, now I'm creeped out na while writing this. Yun lang! Have a good week everyone!

about moi


Loves the beach, wishes she had more time and money to travel, recently got hooked to climbing mountains, reads anything she can get her hands on, frustrated writer, adores her 3-year-old Lhasa Apso, Tashi, constantly needs caffeine, wonders when she'll quit smoking, and will most likely die due to liver complications from drinking too much (if the cigarettes doesn't get to her lungs first). Can't live without accessories especially big, dangling earrings, shoe freak (aren't we all?), sucker for discovering hole-in-the-wall restaurants, will ingest anything spicy, enjoys giving and receiving massages, addicted to Friends, Sex and the City and CSI, goes gaga over kids, dreams of being alone with Jim Morrison and smoking a joint with Bob Marley. Would love to party with Gwen Stefani, shop with Patricia Field, write poetry with Maya Angelou and have Sting, Nelson Mandela, Mark Twain and Bono over for dinner.

View my complete profile
Custom Search

past bitchings

January 2002February 2002March 2002April 2002May 2002June 2002July 2002August 2002September 2002October 2002November 2002December 2002January 2003April 2003May 2003June 2003July 2003September 2003February 2004March 2004April 2004May 2004June 2004July 2004August 2004September 2004October 2004November 2004December 2004January 2005February 2005March 2005April 2005May 2005June 2005July 2005August 2005September 2005October 2005November 2005December 2005January 2006February 2006March 2006April 2006October 2006November 2006February 2007March 2007April 2007May 2007July 2007October 2007December 2007January 2008September 2009January 2011

photoblog

blog worthy

Ananova
Babygirl
Beabear
Bitch, please
Blue Arden
Born to Ride
Burberrified
Caffeine Rush
Caramba!
Car Driver
Cheesedip
Chel
Chona
Reaching for Chocolate Stars and Sapphire Dreams
Click mo mukha mo!
Closet Introvert
Color in a Gray Cube
Confessions of a Coke Addict
Confessions of an OJT Killer
Creating Space 101
D'fukc
Deniseye
Din's World
Emerald Pastures
Fran
Francine
Rene
Hungry Alien
IMODO.COM
I came, I saw, I blogged
*Incoherent
Intelektwal Interkors
K
Lavander Kitten
Lone Star Psychedelia
Meatloafster
Memento
Mighty Girl
Modified Memories
Monchers
Nocturnal Angel
Not Square
Odette
Of Life and Peanuts
One Seater Plane
Peepai
Pile o'smeg
*Photo Seko
Pinay Hekmi
Purple Beanie
Purple Toes
Renaissance Girl
Rock the Boat
Sabitski Point
Shai
Stories Under the Sun
Sunbathing
Sunny Side Up
Sunshine
Table for One
Ten Years Later
The Blurb
The Digital Pinoy
The Dork Side
The Ultimate BlogHopper
Tinggay Forever
Undiscussable Realms
Unica Hija
Vea
Vikkicar
Warcar: no bumper
What a Pansy Fancies
White Sky Project
Wytch's Brew
*freshly added

wishlist

Platform Wedge Sandals by Michael Kors
Semiprecious chain earrings by Cynthia Dugan

Semiprecious chain earrings by Cynthia Dugan
Thump by Oakley (mp3 player and shades in one!)
Thump by Oakley (mp3 player and shades in 1!)

quotable quote

"Love is not love, which alters when it alteration finds."
~William Shakespeare, Sonnet cxvi

in my book bag

I Know Why the Caged 

Bird Sings by Maya Angelou

credits

blogskins
Blogger
blogsnob. show off your websites. http://blogsnob.idya.net
# FlipBlogs ?
Rice Bowl Journals
# Filipina O+ ?
PINOY BLaGGER

Weblog Commenting by 

HaloScan.com

original skins

title : w4rnawarni: (pink) bikini girl (Adfree) designed by w4rnawarni @ blogskins