Thursday, March 04, 2004THINGS I HATE ABOUT COMMUTING IN MANILA
1. POLLUTION- I think an hour of my life is taken away for each day i spend commuting. I don't know how many times I've wondered how 80% of manila's Public transport vehicles got past LTO's emission test. (Duh! I'm sure nag-"lagay" na naman sila...)
2. THE WAY I SMELL WHEN I GET TO MY DESTINATION- The effect of reason #1.
3. SOME PEOPLE DON'T HAVE MANNERS- A few days ago, i was seated near the entrance of a spacious jeepney (Hallelujah!). I was spaced out and I didn't notice that the driver had stopped for a passenger. All of a sudden, I feel this weight on my right thigh. The new passenger squeezed his big ass (ok, fine, mine is a lot bigger) on the teeny weeny space beside me (super luwag ng jeep, ha!). So i yanked my body to the left (my poor ala-crispy pata thigh), looked at the moron and said..."Marunong ka ba mag-excuse me?" ("Do you even know how to say excuse me?"). Being the man that he is, he just looked at me for 1 second and looked the other way. Grr!!!
Other things I noticed is how people don't know how to say "Thank You" when you help them pass their fare to the driver, and then there are also people who refuse to take your money and pass it to the driver even when your hand is inches away from their face and you've said "Pakisuyo na lang po" a million times.
And then, there's this.
4. HOOTING, WHISTLING MEN- If i had a penny for the many times I've been hooted at and whistled at, damn, I'd be a millionaire by now and instead of being mad at these perverts, I'd be grateful to them for helping me afford a car. Unfortunately, such is not the case. I don't even find that I dress provocatively. The most provocative item of clothing that I have worn while commuting is a tank top. Thing is, even when I dress down, the hooting doesn't stop. The things i usually hear when i pass by a guy or a group of men (MMDAs, jeepney drivers, dispatchers, carpenters and the like) are:
"Miss, i love you!"
"Uyyy....si Andrea o!" (sabay kanta ng..."bubuka ang bulaklak, papasok ang reyna...") <--ultimate piss off!
And have i mentioned that there's this creepy fella in a street near my office who calls me "idol!" whenever i pass by. I need to take this route everytime i go home because its where i wait for a jeep. No choice.
When these things happen, i tell myself that that's the closest they're ever going to get to me.
And to the critics out there who probably think I'm making this entry to flatter myself, think again. This is sooo not what i would consider flattery.
5. PEOPLE WHO STARE- i believe its acceptable to glance (3 seconds, tops!) but its rude to stare. I've actually observed that its the women who do it more often. And i hate hate hate it! So when people stare at me, I stare back (with one eyebrow raised.) and i wait for them to look away. Give them a dose of their own medicine, diba?
Hmmm....i guess that's about it! Happy commuting to me!!!
Loves the beach, wishes she had more time and money to travel, recently got hooked to climbing mountains, reads anything she can get her hands on, frustrated writer, adores her 3-year-old Lhasa Apso, Tashi, constantly needs caffeine,
January 2002February 2002March 2002April 2002May 2002June 2002July 2002August 2002September 2002October 2002November 2002December 2002January 2003April 2003May 2003June 2003July 2003September 2003February 2004March 2004April 2004May 2004June 2004July 2004August 2004September 2004October 2004November 2004December 2004January 2005February 2005March 2005April 2005May 2005June 2005July 2005August 2005September 2005October 2005November 2005December 2005January 2006February 2006March 2006April 2006October 2006November 2006February 2007March 2007April 2007May 2007July 2007October 2007December 2007January 2008September 2009January 2011
Born to Ride
Reaching for Chocolate Stars and Sapphire Dreams
Click mo mukha mo!
Color in a Gray Cube
Confessions of a Coke Addict
Confessions of an OJT Killer
Creating Space 101
I came, I saw, I blogged
Lone Star Psychedelia
Of Life and Peanuts
One Seater Plane
Rock the Boat
Stories Under the Sun
Sunny Side Up
Table for One
Ten Years Later
The Digital Pinoy
The Dork Side
The Ultimate BlogHopper
Warcar: no bumper
What a Pansy Fancies
White Sky Project
~William Shakespeare, Sonnet cxvi
in my book bag
title : w4rnawarni: (pink) bikini girl (Adfree) designed by w4rnawarni @ blogskins